Messenger and Sons
(c) Vin Callcut 2002-2017. Small extracts can be used with acknowledgements to 'Oldcopper.org' website.
Helpful comments are very welcome.
Samuel S Messenger & Sons. Founded before 1835 in Gloucester Place, Alston Street, Birmingham, moved to 19&20 Broad Street before 1888, making chandeliers, candelabra, lamps and gas fittings, exhibitor at 1851 Great Exhibition and others. The name occurs in the 1810s as Messenger and Phipson of Broad Street, Birmingham, manufacturers of 'plated' goods. Ceased trading in the early 1930s.
Messenger No 2 model was a duplex burner with concentric wick winder shafts contolling the two wicks.