Croft and Assinder - Lombard

(c) Vin Callcut 2002-2017. Small extracts can be used with acknowledgements to 'Oldcopper.org' website.

Helpful comments are very welcome.

  Croft and Assinder (C & A), founded 1875 at Standard Brass Works, Angelina St., Birmingham, by George Crofts and Frederick Assinder. Initially they specialised in cabinet brassware, especially handles.

They are now in Lombard St., B12 0QX and still in production of hardware.   Associated with the 'Lombard' brand name.

 

 

 

 

 Their brassware was at one time marketed by Derricourt Brassware  This hanging tag is soldered to the reverse of a stylish cast brass flying duck.

 

Modern mark of Croft and Assinder.