Ansonia Copper Brass Co
(c) Vin Callcut 2002-2017. Small extracts can be used with acknowledgements to 'Oldcopper.org' website.
Helpful comments are very welcome.
Ansonia Copper and Brass Co., founded in 1845 by Anson Greene Phelps on the banks of the Naugatuck River in Connecticut. Tubing is now made at the Waterbury, CT plant while the Ansonia plant concentrates on rod and wire.
In 1851 he also founded the Ansonia Clock Company.
This mark is under a Hayden brass pan known as an apple butter kettle.
Holmes Booth & Hayden Co., New York name on this pin box. Holmes, Booth & Haydens' was organized to roll metal and then to manufacture it on a large scale. They specialised in the making of photographic plates, lamps and burners designed for the use of kerosene and oil. Holmes, Booth & Haydens' operated independently until October 17, 1901, when it became part of the American Brass Company.