Bradley & Co.
Albion Works, Mount Pleasant, Bilston, Wolverhampton, was founded in 1872,
probably making copper kettles.
Bradley & Co's trade name was Beldray, an anagram of Bradley; the company
name was changed to Beldray in 1977. Their mark was based on a bell on a dray (
= lorry or truck) but sometimes only the name was used. They may have made
copper kettles in the late 19th century but started a wide range of brass and
copper art metal in about 1903, continuing until 1939. The company continued in
Bilston, now part of Wolverhampton, until 2005. (Information from Frank
The Beldray Trade Name in an eye shaped lozenge.